Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I thought I would give everyone a rundown of our schedule. I started out with a schedule made down to 15 minute increments. That soon went out the window. Now, I plan on the material I want to cover each day and we go from there. That is the beauty of homeschooling! We can go as fast or as slow as we want. If I see Abby is having difficulty with something in particular then I slow down and take extra time with her. If it is material that she is grasping, we don't slow down and go on to the next item.

I am a very structured person! I am homeschooling, and I know that a lot of people have misconceptions about homeschooled kids. Well, not this mama!!!  Abby gets up every school day as if she were going to public school. Instead of getting up at 6 AM though, I do allow her to sleep until 6:30-6:45. I get up as usual between 5:30 and 5:45 AM and get myself ready for the day, cook breakfast, and get Mike out the door. Abby is up by 7 AM.  She eats breakfast and I let her chill until 7:30. She then must get her morning routine started and this consists of straightening her bedroom, her morning hygiene ritual, getting dressed and feeding and watering the inside animals.  About 8:30ish, we head upstairs to our classroom and begin our school day. EVERY school day starts with a prayer and bible study! It gets us going! We both enjoy it! Abby is keeping a Bible journal and loves to fill it up with everything that we study from the Bible.  She asked after about the second day of school why she couldn't study about Jesus in public school.  I told her that teachers weren't allowed to talk about Jesus. Her response? "Why mama? Jesus loves all of us." How sweet was that!?!?!  Just add this to my growing list of why I feel homeschooling is the option for us.

I will continue on in another post with how the rest of our school day goes.  Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment